The biggest problem with the customer experience in most companies is how employees talk to customers. All too often, employees come across as indifferent, cold, uncaring, rushed or rude. This employee “attitude problem” can be the tipping point that sends customers to the competition. This attitude problem is what drives customers to tweet and blog about a poor customer experience. The great news is, with the right training, monitoring and coaching, employees can learn how to soften tones, truly convey empathy, make customers feel taken care of and even make memorable personal emotional connections with customers.
In this extended training event, Myra shows your employees, step-by-step, how to talk to your customers.
- A brilliant 3-step empathy response strategy that instantly lets the customer know you’re listening and understand their concern or pain. This strategy is flawlessly executed by employees of the Apple store to address customer concerns and to overcome objections in selling situations. After this training, you will use it flawlessly too.
- The best call “flow” strategy for the best customer experience. The telephone is one of the best branding devices out there. Over the telephone you get 3-5 minutes of your customer’s undivided attention. If you get the interaction right, you can create a memorable experience, generate positive word-of-mouth advertising and build customer loyalty, which leads to increased profits. Getting the interaction “right” usually requires a call strategy or call flow of some kind. In this training, you and your team will get Myra’s researched and field-tested 9-point call flow strategy.
- How to self-monitor your tone so that you don’t come across as aggressive, impatient, rude or in any way negative. Learn to read the reaction, tone and pauses from customers to know when you need to change your response. Gain tactics for softening your tone and sounding friendlier.
Program Bottom Line Benefit
This web training experience will teach you and your team how to talk to customers the way they want to be talked to. You will learn how to develop and master the friendly tone by naturally expressing true empathy and by making personal emotional connections with your customers. When your entire team consistently practices Myra’s strategies, the result will be a noticeably improved customer experience.
How to express empathy to customers
- When you don’t feel empathetic, you sound insincere and indifferent. Myra will walk you through 2 powerful exercises to help you convey real empathy in your words, tone and pauses.
- The art of connecting with customers…make emotional connections with your customers through acknowledgement, being fully present and by mirroring the customer.
- 7 ready-made phrases that convey sincere empathy (when combined with the right attitude and tone)
How to talk to customers
- How to correct a mistaken or confused customer. This is fragile territory, but Myra will show you how to tread lightly, yet confidently. You will learn how to take yourself out of the middle of the issue and make the truth as easy to accept as a spoonful of honey.
- Exactly how to handle a problem that is actually the customer’s fault. Myra explains why you can’t outright tell a customer he is wrong, even when he is, and she shows you how to tactfully help the customer to see things the way you need them to.
- There are some words you just can’t say to customers. Myra will show you how to sterilize your communication so that you don’t evoke a negative response from the customer.
- How to make customers feel smart/good even if they ask “silly” questions.
Making Customers Feel Taken Care of…the secret to the best customer experience
- Needs are met!.…Proactively work to meet your customers’ expressed and un-expressed needs…Myra introduces two powerful analogies that will ensure your employees retain this strategy and that they have the inspiration to truly meet un-expressed customer needs.
- Exactly how to make every caller feel taken care of...6 ideas from the AppleGenius Bar.
- The customer service icon that customer service professionals are flipping for…what Gumby can teach you empathy, tone and solving problems customers experience…This new approach to service delivery is fun to implement, sticks with your employees, and truly surprises and delights customers.
Who Should Attend:
-Contact Center Managers, Directors
-Contact Center Supervisors, Team Leaders
– Front Line CSR’s
Myra Golden runs Myra Golden Media, a customer service and public relations agency that specializes in strategic customer relations consulting designed and tailored for each client’s needs.
With more than 15 years of experience, Myra has developed a proven process that positions organizations to regain customer goodwill after even the worst has happened and to improve corporate reputations in the eyes of consumers through improved complaint response and more responsive customer service. Myra Golden Media specializes in a number of areas including customer recovery, customer loyalty, crisis management, call center training, and social media for customer service.
Myra’s customer recovery systems have been used for more than a decade in corporationsthroughout North America, Australia, Africa, and the Philippines helping organizations build a multi-faceted customer recovery strategy and create a true customer service culture. One of the leading experts on restoring customer confidence after service failures, Myra has designed programs to help companies keep customers, even after service failures occur. She has created customer recovery programs for such clients as Verizon Business, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Scotts Miracle-Gro, National Car Rental, Michelin Tires, and Frito-Lay.
Considered one of the pioneers for leveraging social media for customer service, she has helped hundreds of companies design and launch a comprehensive social media strategy for listening to and getting involved in online conversations about their brand and protectingcorporate reputations online. Her Tweeting for Customer Service video and her in-demand Keynote “Social Media is the New Customer Service” has inspired hundreds of companies to explore and launch social media customer service strategies in order to immediately respond to gripes about their brands online.
Myra’s passion for customer service distinction stems from more than 15 years of serving customers directly, including her work as the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for an international car rental company where she and her team worked to regain customer goodwill after service mishaps and to maintain a positive public reputation with consumers. Her experience and training (she holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Human Relations, both from the University of Oklahoma) has given her the unique ability to developcritically acclaimed systems for earning rock-solid customer loyalty and enhancing an organization’s reputation with consumers by creating a culture of creating warm experiences, developing an aggressive customer recovery strategy, and designing a social media strategy.
She is co-author of Beyond WOW, creator of 5 customer service eLearning suites that are used by corporations worldwide, and founder of CallCenterWebinars.com, an e-Learning company that provides customer service training for many of the nation’s Fortune 500companies. She is also an active customer service blogger with thousands of corporate subscribers.
Myra is known to “bring it” in her entertaining, highly interactive and memorable keynotes andtraining sessions. Whether Myra is presenting to an audience of thousands, training a few dozen, or broadcasting a live webinar on 4 continents, she never fails to WOW conference attendees and employees with her relentless preparation for the event, high energy, and relevant and fresh content.